Free School Meals
Are you eligible?
Do you receive one of the following benefits?
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods) Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you have answered Yes read on……..
You may now qualify for free school meals. They are easy to apply for and would allow your child to receive an allowance to purchase one meal per day. There are two opportunities on a Monday-Thursday and one on a Friday for your child to use their daily allowance.
Helping you to help us
When applying for free school meals you are not only enabling your child to receive a healthy balanced meal at no cost to yourself every day, but you are also assisting the Academy by helping us to invest in resources.
What to do next
If you think you may qualify, please click on the link below to access the Bournemouth Borough Council website for more information and online application form.
The form is relatively straight forward but if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to ring and ask.