What can you expect from these parents guides?
This year’s Parents University and Apprenticeship Guides will be the third edition and have been designed to help parents support their children in making informed decisions about their future and developing skills to help them succeed.
Parents will benefit from content on topics including:
- Introduction to apprenticeships and sectors
- How to find the right apprenticeship
- Pathways into work, including T-levels, apprenticeships and university
- How you can support your child in deciding if an apprenticeship is right for them
- Apprenticeships vs. university
- Degree apprenticeships
- Opportunities available across 15 different sectors
- PLUS interviews and guest content from a diverse range of organisations including National Audit Office, Bristows LLP, Royal Horticultural Society, Morgan Stanley, British Horseracing Authority
Bonus STEM Guide
- How to apply to university and a guide to UCAS
- Personal statements and how to stand out from the crowd
- Student finance
- Alternatives to going to university
- Placement years at university
- Pros and cons of going to university
- PLUS interviews and guest content from universities including Reading University, Liverpool University, Bournemouth University, South Wales University and Exeter University.
This year’s guide explores 10 different STEM subjects to help young people to understand more about careers in the field along with profiles on how each subject can help tackle an environmental challenge. This comprehensive guide has been designed to showcase just how creative, exciting and rewarding a career in STEM can be.