Bridging the Gap Programme
We know you will be thinking about what happens in September, and feeling a little under-prepared for A-levels, or level three BTECs.
In order to help you, we have prepared a bridging programme which contains work from all the subject areas we offer here at TBOWA.
This is designed to help prepare you for the leap from GCSE work to A-level work. The programme is a five-week course of work in each subject, with activities and lessons. We suggest that you choose between three and five subjects that you think you might like to study, and use the timetable provided to give you a weekly framework you can stick to.
Normally, students will study three or four subjects at A-level, so this is a great opportunity for you to explore subjects, and see if you’d actually like to continue them at sixth form.
The work will be challenging, and quite different to GCSE work. It will require you to do plenty of independent study, (although teachers will be available to help you.) If all goes well, you should arrive at sixth form feeling like you are just about ready to embark upon the two year A-level or level three BTEC journey.
The work will be sorted into weekly folders, so start at week one, and check off the tasks as you complete them. There will also be a handbook for each subject, which will explain how the course is structured and assessed. All you need to do is click on the subject folder, and off you go!
Year 11 Lesson Files
It is essential that the students maintain the same level of studies that they would be expected to in school, and we have taken a number of steps to help achieve this:
- A bank of revision lessons, with presentations and resources specifically for our students
- Individualised exam practice packs sent to each student with practice papers for all their upcoming exams.
- An enhanced Knowledge Organiser timetable to cover multiple subjects each day
- Access to question-level results for all past Knowledge Organiser exams to identify knowledge gaps
- Extra self-marking independent work set via Hegarty Maths
- Additional guided work for English via Seneca Learning